All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn this thought-provoking book, Jan Walmsley and Kelley Johnson discuss participative approaches to research and provide an up-to-date account of inclusive practice with individuals with learning disabilities. Drawing on evidence from two major studies, they explain how lessons learnt from inclusive research in the learning disability field are applicable to others working with marginalized groups. The authors examine the origins and the process of inclusive research, describing: * how and why it takes place * who carries it out * who funds it * how it is designed * how it relates to policy and practice. They look at the challenges inherent in this work, such as balancing the voice of the researcher with that of disabled participants and clarifying roles within research projects, and explore how it can become more inclusive and empowering. Providing valuable information and advice to researchers, policy makers and students as well as other health and social care professionals, this book presents a comprehensive examination of participative research in social care.
- Author BiographyJan Walmsley is a Senior Lecturer at the Open University School of Health and Social Welfare in Milton Keynes. Kelley Johnson is Professor of Disability, Policy and Practice at the University of Bristol, and Director of the Norah Fry Research Centre and together with Rannveig Traustadottir, edited Women with Intellectual Disabilities for Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Author(s)Jan Walmsley,Kelley Johnson
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/03/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight371 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.