About this product
- DescriptionA NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER *Why does your foot hit the brake pedal before you are conscious of danger ahead?* *Why is it so difficult to keep a secret?* *How is it possible to get angry at yourself: who, exactly, is mad at whom?* In this sparkling and provocative book, rewned neuroscientist David Eagleman navigates the depths of the subconscious brain. Taking in brain damage, plane spotting, dating, drugs, beauty, infidelity, synaesthesia, criminal law, artificial intelligence and visual illusions, INCOGNITO is a thrilling subsurface exploration of the mind and all its contradictions.
- Author BiographyDavid Eagleman, Ph.D. is a neuroscientist at the Baylor College of Medicine, where he directs the Laboratory for Perception and Action as well as the Initiative on Neuroscience and Law. His scientific research is published in journals from Science to Nature, and his neuroscience books include Re-wire: The Shape-Shifting Brain and Wednesday is Indigo Blue: Discovering the Brain of Synesthesia. He is also the author of the international fiction bestseller, Sum.
- Author(s)David Eagleman
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleCanons
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Canons
- Weight283 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain - Canons ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.