All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe brain builds a narrative to steady us from moment to moment, but it is absolutely an illusion. There is me, there is you, and there is certainly self. Princeton, New Jersey. 1955. Thomas Stoltz Harvey performs the autopsy on Albert Einstein - and then steals his brain. Bath, England. 1953. Henry undergoes pioneering brain surgery. The surgery changes Henry's life, and the history of neuroscience. London, England. The Present. Martha is a clinical neuropsychologist. When her marriage breaks down she starts to make radically different choices. Three interwoven stories exploring the nature of identity and how we are defined by what we remember, Incognito is an exhilarating exploration of what it means to be human. Nick Payne's Incognito premiered at Live Theatre, Newcastle, in April 2014 in a co-production with nabokov and HighTide Festival Theatre.
- Author BiographyNick Payne's plays include If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet (Bush), One Day When We Were Young (Paines Plough), Lay Down Your Cross (Hampstead), Wanderlust and Constellations (Royal (Royal Court). He was awarded the 2009 George Devine Award for Most Promising Playwright and was the 2010 Pearson Playwright-in-Residence at the Bush Theatre.
- Author(s)Nick Payne
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight111 g
- Width125 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.