All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at the distribution of income and wealth and the effects that this has on the macroecomy, and vice versa. Is a more equal distribution of income beneficial or harmful for macroecomic growth, and how does the distribution of wealth evolve in a market ecomy? Taking stock of results and methods developed in the context of the 1990s revival of growth theory, the authors focus on capital accumulation and long-run growth. They show how rigorous, optimization-based technical tools can be applied, beyond the representative-agent framework of analysis, to account for realistic market imperfections and for political-ecomic interactions. The treatment is thorough, yet accessible to students and nspecialist ecomists, and it offers specialist readers a wide-ranging and invative treatment of an increasingly important research field. The book follows a single analytical thread through a series of different growth models, allowing readers to appreciate their structure and crucial assumptions. This is particularly useful at a time when the literature on income distribution and growth has developed quickly and in several different directions, becoming difficult to overview.
- Author BiographyGiuseppe Bertola is Professor of Economics at the University of Turin. Reto Foellmi is Assistant Professor of Economics at the University of Zurich. Josef Zweimuller is Professor of Economics at the University of Zurich.
- Author(s)Giuseppe Bertola,Josef Zweimuller,Reto Foellmi
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication28/09/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note29 line illus.
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.