Incomparable: Women of Style, Rose Hartman by Alistair O'Neill, Rose Hartman (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.81+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- Description'Incomparable: Women of Style' is a book for fashion aficionados, photography and popular culture fans, and those fascinated with celebrity. This gorgeous volume spans more than 35 years and includes both iconic and rarely seen pictures of celebrated women kwn for their unparalleled taste and style: Nan Kempner, Jerry Hall, Marisa Berenson, Jackie O., Brooke Astor, Grace Jones, Anna Wintour, Paloma Picasso, Lauren Hutton, Diane von Furstenberg, Daisy Olarte de Kavas, Rachael Zoe, Candace Bushnell, and Daphne Guinness among many others. Hartman has also captured those anymous and trendsetters who put themselves together with an ineffable 'wow' factor that is copied by famed designers. Chronicling a world of beauty and style, photographer Rose Hartman has captured fashion's trendsetters for three decades, and in so doing has helped to define what we remember most about glamour and those who create it. Her lens has given order to the chaos of openings, runways shows, and couture's triumphs and tragedies, by letting the viewer see the substance behind the form. With her photographs appearing worldwide in books and magazines, she has distinguished herself as a photographer whose eye is so keen, even her candid work has the finish and insight of portraiture. What one fails to realise is that many of the photographs associated with a style, an event, and an era, have belonged to Hartman, whether it is Bianca Jagger on a white horse as she enters Studio 54, or Isabella Rossellini at a private dinner in the Hamptons.
- Author BiographyRose Hartman was born in Manhattan's East Village. She started patrolling the night scene in 1975 as an arts and society columnist at the 'SoHo Weekly News'. Her first big break was a photo shoot of Joan Hemingway's wedding in Sun Valley, Idaho where she managed to induce Ernest Hemingway's wife, Mary, to pose for her relaxing in a hammock. Her photos have been published in 'Vogue', 'Glamour', 'Vanity Fair', 'Art & Auction', 'Art News', 'Harpers Bazaar', 'Panorama', 'Der Spiegel', 'Elle', and many other magazines. Her first book, 'Birds of Paradise: An Intimate View of the New York Fashion World' (Delacorte Press), remains recognised as much as a collection of photographs, as a history of the era it records.
- Author(s)Alistair O'Neill,Rose Hartman
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication07/11/2012
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Editions
- Content Note109 Colour, 25 B&W
- Weight1356 g
- Width237 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.