All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOf especially naughty children, it is sometimes said: They must have been raised by wolves. The Incorrigible Children actually were. Discovered in the forest of Ashton Place, the Incorrigibles are ordinary children. Luckily, Miss Penelope Lumley is ordinary governess. A recent graduate of the Swanburne Academy for Poor Bright Females, Penelope embraces the challenge of her new position. Though she is eager to instruct the children in Latin verbs and the proper use of globes, first she must eliminate their canine tendencies. But mysteries abound at Ashton Place: Who are these three wild creatures? Why does Old Timothy, the coachman, lurk around every corner? Will Penelope be able to civilize the Incorrigibles in time for Lady Constance's holiday ball? And what on earth is a schottische? Penelope is stranger to mystery, as her own origins are also cloaked in secrecy. But as Agatha Swanburne herself once said, Things may happen for a reason, but that doesn't mean we kw what the reason is-at least, t yet.
- Author BiographyMaryrose Wood is the author of the first five books (so far!) in this series about the Incorrigible children and their governess. These books may be considered works of fiction, which is to say, the true bits and the untrue bits are so thoroughly mixed together that no one should be able to tell the difference. This process of fabrication is fully permitted under the terms of the author's Poetic License, which is one of her most prized possessions. Maryrose's other qualifications for writing these tales include a scandalous stint as a professional thespian, many years as a private governess to two curious and occasionally rambunctious pupils, and whatever literary insights she may have gleaned from living in close proximity to a clever but disobedient dog. Jon Klassen grew up in Niagara Falls, Canada, and now lives in Los Angeles, California. He is the Caldecott Award-winning author and illustrator of I Want My Hat Back and This Is Not My Hat, as well as the illustrator of Sam and Dave Dig a Hole and Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett; The Dark by Lemony Snicket; House Held Up by Trees by Ted Kooser; Cats' Night Out by Caroline Stutson; and the first three books in the Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place series.
- Author(s)Maryrose Wood
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleIncorrigible Children of Ashton Place
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBalzer and Bray
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight199 g
- Width130 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jon Klassen
- Interest AgeFrom 8
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.81Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.63Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.10Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.23Trending at AU $41.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.