All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoth of these books are published under the University of Wisconsin Press' Popular Press imprint. In 1984, America celebrated the one hundredth anniversary of the first successful roller coaster device - La Marcus A. Thompson's switchback railway - erected at Coney Island. Although more than a century has gone by, the literature of the amusement park and its history is still in its infancy. Robert Cartmell examines every phase of roller coaster history, from the use of the roller coaster by Albert Einstein to demonstrate his theory of physics, to John Allen's use of psychology in designing one.
- Author BiographyRobert Cartmell is professor in drawing and printmaking at the State University of New York at Albany. For America's Bicentennial in 1976 he initiated and organized an exhibit of the complete history of the roller coaster titled Coast to Coast Coasters. The exhibit, sponsored by the Smithsonian Institution, toured the United States for two years.
- Author(s)Robert Cartmell
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication31/12/1988
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationBowling Green
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBowling Green University Popular Press,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine14 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.