All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.89Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionIndefinites and the Type of Sets explores a new theory of indefinite un phrase interpretation and definiteness effects. The book provides an introduction to aspects of the semantics of un phrases, as well as comparing alternate theories; and, explores a new theory of indefinite un phrase interpretation and definiteness effects. It is written accessibly by one of the world's most prominent formal semanticists. The book is useful for students and scholars in formal semantics as well as the neighboring fields of syntax, pragmatics, and the philosophy of language.
- Author BiographyFred Landman is Professor of Semantics at Tel Aviv University. His publications include Events and Plurality (2000), Structures for Semantics (1991), Towards a Theory of Information (1986), and Varieties of Formal Semantics (edited with Frank Veltman, 1984).
- Author(s)Fred Landman
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2003
- Series TitleExplorations in Semantics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note10
- Weight678 g
- Width174 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.