All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collected edition commemorates the 10th anniversary of Julia Darling's death, and includes a substantial selection of unpublished work. Jackie Kay writes: The poems are funny, irreverent, moving and never sentimental. You can recognise yourself in them, recognise your family. They are warm, full of compassion; [...] a shining bright light.
- Author BiographyJulia Darling has lived in Newcastle upon Tyne since 1980. She began her writing career as a poet and worked with a performance group, The Poetry Virgins, for many years 'taking poetry to the places that least expected it.' In 1998 her first novel Crocodile Soup'was published by Anchor at Transworld. The novel went on to be published in Canada, Australia, Europe and the States and was long-listed for the Orange Prize. Her most recent novel The Taxi Driver's Daughter was published by Penguin, and long-listed for the Man Booker Prize, and short-listed for the Encore Award. She has also written many plays for stage and radio, including 'Posties' for Radio Four's Women's Hour, 'Manifesto For The New City' for Northern Stage. In 2003 she published her first solo collection of poems called Sudden Collapses In Public Places with Arc Publications. This was a Poetry Book Society Recommendation.
- Author(s)Julia Darling
- PublisherArc Publications
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLancs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArc Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.