All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis indispensable book shows how to incorporate independent reading into daily literacy instruction in the primary grades. Provided are class-tested strategies for engaging students in independent reading; creating and organizing the classroom library; developing mini-lessons and different kinds of reading routines; supporting struggling readers; monitoring and assessing independent reading; and promoting reading at home. Helpful reproducibles are included. From a team of highly regarded educators, this is a wise and user-friendly resource that teachers can immediately put to use in the classroom.
- Author BiographyDenise N. Morgan, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Literacy Education at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio. She teaches and writes about reading and writing instruction, professional development, and literacy coaching. Maryann Mraz, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Reading and Elementary Education at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She is the author of numerous books, articles, chapters, and instructional materials related to literacy education. Dr. Mraz's professional interests include literacy coaching, the professional development of teachers, and content-area literacy. Nancy Padak, EdD, is Distinguished Professor of Education at Kent State University, where she directs the Reading and Writing Center and works with the Ohio Literacy Resource Center. She has written and coauthored numerous books and articles related to literacy education. A former coeditor of The Reading Teacher and the Journal of Literacy Research, Dr. Padak is also a past president of the College Reading Association. Timothy Rasinski, PhD, is Professor of Curriculum and Instruction at Kent State University, where he also helps direct the university's award-winning reading clinic for struggling readers. He has written and edited numerous books and professional articles on reading education. Dr. Rasinski has served as coeditor of The Reading Teacher and the Journal of Literacy Research. A past president of the College Reading Association, he recently served a term on the board of directors of the International Reading Association.
- Author(s)Denise N. Morgan,Maryann E. Mraz,Nancy Padak,Timothy V. Rasinski
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication12/01/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSolving Problems in the Teaching of Literacy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight248 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.