All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning as a low-budget, oversized fanzine in 1996, index magazine quickly became one of the most influential small publications in the United States. index had a smart and irreverent voice that epitomized the late '90s indie ethos. Featuring conversations between architects, artists, celebrities, designers, filmmakers, musicians and writers, the magazine brought together some of the most relevant cultural figures who were at that time young and often unkwn, yet have since become cultural icons or celebrities. Some of these names include Bjork, Scarlett Johansson, Alexander McQueen, Rem Koolhaas, and David Sedaris, and photographs by cutting-edge photographers such as Leeta Harding, Terry Richardson, Juergen Teller, Wolfgang Tillmans, and Ryan McGinley. Paying homage to Generation X's it glossy, index A to Z features the best interviews and photographs by the most celebrated artists and celebrities that were featured in the iconic index magazine. This A to Z index captures the spirit of an era, with F for Fashion, featuring designers Kate Spade and Marc Jacobs, and I for Indie with Harmony Korine and John Waters, and other sections including Royalty,Vanished, and X-Rated, this volume is packed with index's most memorable interviews and greatest photos of the time, including previously unpublished outtakes and party pictures. A new interview with Halley and Nickas, a reminisence by Bruce LaBruce, and a historical overview by Wendy Vogel offer further looks behind the scenes. Index A to Z celebrates the uncompromising personalities, humor, and DIY brilliance of the indie generation.
- Author BiographyNew York City-based artist Peter Halley published index magazine from 1996 to 2005. BobNickas is a critic and curator based in New York. Bruce LaBruce is a Toronto-based filmmaker, writer, director, photographer, and artist. Wendy Vogel is a New York-based writer and curator.
- Author(s)Peter Halley
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 colour and black and white photographs
- Weight1497 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.