All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA monumental biography of the Indian subcontinent from the award-winning author of The World Is What It Is: The Authorized Biography of V. S. Naipaul. Second only to China in the magnitude of its ecomic miracle and second to ne in its potential to shape the new century, India is fast undergoing one of the most momentous transformations the world has ever seen. In this dazzlingly paramic book, Patrick French chronicles that epic change, telling human stories to explain a larger national narrative. With a familiarity and insight few Westerners could approach, he provides a vital corrective to the many outdated tions about a uniquely dynamic and consequential nation.
- Author BiographyPatrick French was born in England in 1966 and studied literature at Edinburgh University. He is the author of Younghusband; Liberty or Death; Tibet, Tibet; and The World Is What It Is, which won the National Book Critics Circle Award and the Hawthornden Prize. French is the winner of the Sunday Times Young Writer of the Year Award, the Royal Society of Literature Heinemann Prize, and the Somerset Maugham Award. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Patrick French
- PublisherVintage Books
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleVintage Departures
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight313 g
- Width129 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.