All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionIndia Migration Report 2014 is one of the first systematic studies on contribution of diasporas in development, in countries of origin as well as destination. This volume: * examines how diasporic human and financial resources can be utilized for ecomic growth and sustainable development, especially in education and health; * offers critical insights on migrant experiences, transnationalism and philanthropic networks, and indigenization and diaspora policies, as well as return of diasporas; and * includes case studies on Indian migrants in the Gulf region - in particular, Bahrain, Oman and Saudi Arabia - and the United Kingdom, among others. With essays by major contributors, the volume will interest scholars and researchers on ecomics, development studies, migration and diaspora studies, and sociology. It will also be useful to policy-makers and government institutions working in the area.
- Author BiographyS. Irudaya Rajan is Chair Professor, Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs Research Unit on International Migration at the Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Thiruvananthapuram.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Weight498 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byS. Irudaya Rajan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.