Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe objective of this annual publication is to generate theoretically rigorous and empirically informed research on current and unfolding issues of Indian ecomic policy. This book-the 8th volume in the series-presents a collection of papers presented in the 8th India Policy Forum Conference held on July 12-13, 2011 in New Delhi. Comments and discussions on each paper have also been included. India Policy Forum, Volume 8, 2011-12, in particular, addresses issues related to the scope, speed, and desirability of ecomic reforms in India and their fundamental impact on the country's social and ecomic welfare. It deals specifically with issues related to health policies, public expenditure, inflation with respect to food prices, and state ownership of Indian banking sectors.
- Author BiographyShekhar Shah is the Director-General of NCAER, India's oldest and largest economic think tank. Prior to NCAER, he was the World Bank's Regional Economic Adviser for South Asia. He has worked in the financial services sector in Washington D.C. and has been the Ford Foundation's Program Officer for International Economics for South Asia. Shekhar joined the World Bank in 1989, where he was also a principal author of the 2004 World Development Report. He has published on a range of issues relating to service delivery, governance, poverty, international trade, social policy, and monitoring and evaluation. He received his PhD in Economics from Columbia University. Arvind Panagariya is a Professor of Economics at Columbia University. He has been the Chief Economist of the Asian Development Bank. He has also worked for the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, World Trade Organization, and United Nations Conference on Trade and Development in various capacities. His books include India: The Emerging Giant(2008) and The Economics of Preferential Trade Agreement(coedited with JagdishBhagwati, 1996).
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleIndia Policy Forum
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byArvind Panagariya,Barry Bosworth,Shekhar Shah
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.