All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Canadian brothers Colin and Ryan Pyle finished their record-breaking motorcycle adventure around China in 2010, they promised themselves that it would be their last such venture. Of course, they were wrong. Back in the saddle again, Colin and Ryan have set out to tackle the diverse country of India, and they had idea what to expect! Whether it was monsoon rains, crashes in Mumbai, the claustrophobic roads of Kerla or even a brutal paragliding landing in Manali; thing could stop these two adventurers as they triumphantly completed a 54 day -- 14,000 km -- motorcycle circumnavigation of India. In an Indian expedition of unforeseen extremes, Colin and Ryan battled the Rohtang Pass in a rainstorm, made a pilgrimage to the most visited holy site on earth in Amritsar; they also jumped off a perfectly good mountain and learned how to make the perfect cup of Indian tea in Darjeeling. If that seems like a lot, all of this was done while traversing over isolated mountain passes, blazing a trail through the roasting hot deserts and battling the insane traffic of Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata. In this book Colin and Ryan take us with them as they make their way through the remarkable and stunning landscapes of India. In the end, the brothers had learned what it takes to succeed as a team as they had circumnavigated a billion people, pushed themselves to new limits, and shared in an adventure that most of us will only ever dream of.
- Author BiographyColin Pyle: After graduating from Ryerson University, Toronto, with a degree in Finance, Colin Pyle established what was to become a very successful currency trading company, two years after he sold the company, he resigned in order to see the world and have experiences that will enable him to make informed choices about what he does with the rest of his life. www.colinpyle.com. Ryan Pyle: After graduating from the University of Toronto with a degree in Political Science, Ryan Pyle made his home in Shanghai, China, where he still lives today. Over the last 10 years, he has gained an international reputation as an award-winning documentary photographer and is regularly invited to give talks about his work and about China at universities and institutes around the world. www.ryanpyle.com.
- Author(s)Colin Pyle,Ryan Pyle
- PublisherG219 Productions
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintG219 Productions
- Content Note24 colour photos
- Weight330 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.