All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionIndia Through the Ages is a book that takes the reader on an unforgettable journey, exploring a fascinating country. The book brings alive India's growth from an ancient to a modern, strong democracy in a vivid and detailed manner.It introduces readers to a paramic view of her history and civilization. It presents the saga of her sages and scientists, warriors and vagabonds, poets and philosophers, who, at various periods scripted the destiny of the Indian subcontinent. It enables conscious and sentimental men and women to understand the national philosophy that has made Indian people a curious mixture of extremes. What conditions and circumstances led Indian society to be passive and reflective rather than acquisitive and combative? The reader may be able to find some answers to the enigma that makes Indian society fascinate the world from time immemorial.
- Author BiographyBharat Bhushan Gupta's passion for reading and love of research can be traced back to his early education-post graduation in Oil Technology from Harcourt Buller Technological Institute, Kanpur and advanced training in the UK, France and Germany. While working for the Uttar Pradesh Government, he was awarded a scholarship by the Government of Netherlands to study Management at the Research Institute of Management Science. This opened an opportunity for further studies and strengthened his interest in history, philosophy and religion. A chance meeting with Swami Chinmayananda in 1974 changed the course of his life. Bharat Bhushan studied Vedanta, keeping in touch with Swamiji for almost two decades. He assisted him in the various activities of the Mission. He also began to write on Vedanta. In 1990, Bharat Bhushan Gupta founded the Kabir Peace Mission, along with four friends. Its journal, Kabir Jyoti, which he edited for a decade, carries many thought-provoking articles on a wide range of philosophical subjects.
- Author(s)Bharat Bhushan Gupta
- PublisherNiyogi Books
- Date of Publication28/04/2006
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintNiyogi Books
- Content Note1
- Weight690 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.