All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyses key theoretical influences on Indian culture in a business context. It shows the interactions between indigeus culture and workplace ethics which is increasingly being populated by multinational corporations. It discusses how the Indian workplace has evolved over time as well as retained some managerial practices dating back to the classical traditions of ancient India. It further demonstrates the changes brought about by globalisation, especially through information techlogy and business process outsourcing industries. This volume will be useful to the scholars and researchers of business and management studies, cultural studies, Asian studies as well as human resource (HR) professionals.
- Author BiographyAshish Malik is Senior Lecturer at the University of Newcastle, Australia. He completed his PhD from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, and holds an MA (PM&IR) from the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, India. He has published and presented more than 70 research papers at numerous conferences and published widely in academic journals such as Asia-Pacific Business Review, Knowledge Management Research & Practice, Health Care Management Review and Industrial Marketing Management. He has co-edited/authored three books on themes including Indian culture, business models and human capital in the Indian IT industry and co-edited a special issue on Indian culture in the journal Culture and Organization and employment relations in India in the International Journal of Employment Studies. Vijay Pereira is Senior Lecturer of International and Strategic HRM and holds the position of Leader in Knowledge Services (Human Capital Development) in the Organisation Studies and HRM group at the Portsmouth Business School, University of Portsmouth, UK. He holds six academic qualifications and has published and presented over 70 papers worldwide in reputed international journals including Human Resource Management and Journal of World Business. He was the Area/Associate Editor (OB/HRM) of the Journal of Asia Business Studies and is currently on the international advisory board for the journal South Asian History and Culture. He has also guest-edited two special issues, including one on Indian culture in Culture and Organization, and co-authored two research monographs. His previous experiences have been with consulting and industry, both in India and in the UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/04/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight620 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAshish Malik,Vijay Pereira
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.