Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionSensuous is the word that best defines the flavour and texture of Indian cuisine, a cuisine that is visually and aromatically one of the most opulent in the world. Marut Sikka, acclaimed food consultant, cuts out the fuss, and shares home-style Indian dishes that are perfect for everyday cooking. He uses his amazing kwledge of combining spices to make dishes taste extraordinary. The recipes are authentic - a testament to simple ingredients producing sublime tastes. Indian Flavours starts with a brief introduction to some of the spices of India. The rest of the book is divided into unique sections such as the Spice Family, Fresh Herbs and Vegetables, Dried Herbs, Seeds and Leaves, and Dried Fruits. As the author explores each section, he gives simple, but delectable recipes, such as nutmeg potato roundels, lamb brains with black pepper, dill-infused grilled fish, jalapes with jaggery and coconut, and rose petal and rice pudding, with vivid photos that are sure to impress. With streamlined techniques and intense, authentic flavours, Indian Flavours, a classic in its own right, heralds a new generation of Indian cookbooks.
- Author BiographyMarut Sikka, an impresario turned food consultant has created over 27 unique Indian restaurants worldwide, including the Michelin Starred 'Amaya' in London and the much acclaimed 'Magique' & Kainoosh in Delhi. Often referred to as the culinary ambassador of Indian food, he has organised numerous food festivals in India and overseas. He has fed dignitaries like President Bill Clinton, President Pervez Musharraf and Prime Ministers Manmohan Singh and Atal Bihari Vajpayee and conceptualised and executed menus for events of national magnitude such as the Golden Jubilee of the Parliament of India. He has also authored two books, including the bestselling Indian Flavours specially selected by Barnes and Noble to be printed as a special edition. He currently hosts a popular cookery show for NDTV lifestyle called 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Tikkas'.
- Author(s)Marut Sikka
- PublisherRoli Books Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication04/11/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRoli Books Pvt Ltd
- Content Note52 colour illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.