All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVyakarana holds an uncontested place of hour in Indology, and Panini's grammar in particular is a basic source in argumentation t only among Paniniyas but also for students of Indian literature and sastras regardless of their particular areas of concentration. In this volume are published thirteen contributions presented in the Vyakarana section of the twelfth World Sanskrit Conference. The papers represent a considerable breadth of interest. Most of the studies concern technical aspects of Paninian grammar. Several papers deal with facets of Panini's metalinguistic usage and four studies with points concerning derivational procedures and particular sutras related to them. Two papers concentrate on questions of syntax and two other scholars treat subjects of primarily historical interest.
- Author BiographyGeorge Cardona is Prof. (emeritus) of Linguistics at the Univ. of Pennsylvania. He is the author of several works on Sanskrit grammar (vyakarana), principally in the Paninian tradition, on the history of Indo-Aryan languages, and Gujarati. Madhav Deshpande, trained at the Univ of Pune and the Univ. of Pennsylvania, is Prof. of Sanskrit and Linguistics at the Univ. of Michigan, USA. His research interests include Paninian linguistics, socio-linguistics of Sanskrit and Prakrit, and history of Indian philosophy and religions.
- Author(s)George Cardona,Madhav M. Deshpande
- PublisherMotilal Banarsidass,
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- Place of PublicationDelhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintMotilal Banarsidass,
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.