All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Indian Wars remain one of the most misunderstood campaigns in American military history. From the first sustained skirmishes west of the Mississippi in the 1850s to the sweeping clashes of hundreds of soldiers and warriors decades later, these wars resulted in the disruption of practically all the native cultures in the American West.Thoroughly researched, engaging and insightfully written, Indian Wars attempts to dispel common myths - such as that all Indian tribes held shared views of how to approach settlers - and shows that these wars were part of a general long-term strategy by the U.S. Army to subdue the West.Accompanied by a general history of Indian and European relations from the earliest encounters to the opening up of the West, as well as biographies of legendary figures from both sides of the conflict, this is a must for anyone with an interest in America's fascinating early history.
- Author BiographyBill Yenne is the author of numerous books on American and Native American history.
- Author(s)Bill Yenne
- PublisherWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Date of Publication05/06/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationYardley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Content Note61 black & white photographs & maps
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.