All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1587, Sir Walter Raleigh sent 116 men, women and children to Roake Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. They were to plant the first English colony in the New World. By 1590, they had disappeared. The colony was lost, and it remains America's oldest unsolved mystery. Carl Bowden, a university professor, has discovered a document that may prove an intriguing new theory of what may have happened to the colonists. He made one phone call to a trusted colleague. Three hours later he was found murdered under the rotunda of the university library. Someone does t want the mystery of the Lost Colony to be solved and is willing to kill to protect the secret. Luther Surles, Carl's oldest friend and publisher of a small town newspaper, is determined to help the police with the investigation. In doing so, he eventually endangers himself as he unravels Carl's theory and solves the mystery of the Lost Colony of Roake Island.
- Author BiographyRichard Folsom was born in Fayetteville, NC, where his father served in the military with the 82nd Airborne at Ft. Bragg. He graduated from Fayetteville Senior High School in 1967 and attended East Carolina University in Greenville, NC, graduating with a BA degree in History in 1971. He served for two years in the Army, and afterwards, returned to East Carolina where he completed an MA Ed in Instructional Design in 1974. In 1975, Richard accepted a position as Audio Visual Coordinator at Fayetteville Technical Institute in Fayetteville, NC, and in 1980, he moved on to a personnel/training position with Carolina Power & Light Company in Raleigh, NC. In 1986, he and his wife bought a small restaurant in Greenville, NC. Then in 1991, Richard accepted a position at Pitt County Memorial Hospital as a Management trainer. After ten years, he left the hospital to pursue writing full-time. When not writing, he prefers to be on his boat on the Pamlico River, or traveling to unique destinations to study first hand the locals he may want to include in future writing projects. He and his wife recently traveled through Alaska during the winter months, and cruised the coast during the summer. They have traveled across China, spent a week on a riverboat cruising the upper Amazon in Eastern Peru, and climbed Wayna Picchu, the mysterious 9,000' mountain featured in the amazing photographs of the Inca ruins at Macchu Picchu. Richard and his wife, Jan, live on Blount's Creek along the Pamlico River in Eastern NC. His wife continues to manage their restaurant in Greenville while he writes full time and assists her in the business.
- Author(s)Richard Folsom
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication14/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.