All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.22Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the multifaceted aspects of India's energy security concerns. It sheds light on India's energy insecurity and explores its various dimensions, its nature and extent. It examines the role that trade, foreign and security policy should play in enhancing India's energy security. It is argued that the key challenge for India is to increase ecomic growth while at the same time keeping energy demands low. This is especially challenging with the transition from biomass to fossil fuels, the growth of the motorized private transport and rising incomes, aspirations and changing lifestyles. The book suggests that at this time there are strong arguments to lessen India's fossil fuel dependence and it argues for a need to engage with all the key sources of this dependence to implement a process of energy change.
- Author BiographyLt Col Vivek Dhall is a serving Infantry officer (Garhwal Rifles) who has served in various operational areas including counter insurgency in J & K (Valley) and high altitude areas. The officer was part of a brigade during Operation Vijay and part of a scouts unit during Operation Parakram. He was awarded Chief of Army Staff Commendation Card while serving in Territorial Army Directorate in Army Headquarters.
- Author(s)Vivek Dhall
- PublisherVIJ Books (India) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintVIJ Books (India) Pty Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.