All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionNuclear energy is one of the most contentious areas of India's techlogy policy today. This book contains state-of-the-art discussions, by top experts, of a whole range of diverse issues that constitute this complex subject. The topics discussed include public concerns, such as reactor safety and radiation hazards; technical issues, such as the use of breeder reactors and closed fuel cycles; and legal issues, such as the regulatory bodies, major legislative acts, international conventions, and rules. It brings together, for the first time, expert contributions both from apex leaders of the nuclear program and from those who have serious reservations about the program. Arguments both for and against nuclear energy are given, and matters are discussed in sufficient from contributors including Shree Kumar Apte, Srikumar Banerjee, S.A. Bhardwaj, P. Chellapandi, S.C. Chetal, Rajagopala Chidambaram, Surendra Gadekar, Sanghamitra D. Gadekar, Chaitanyamoy Ganguly, Ravi B. Grover, Frank von Hippel, P.C. Kesavan, Baldev Raj, R. Rajaraman, and R. Ramachandran.
- Author BiographyR. Rajaraman is an emeritus professor of theoretical physics at Jawaharlal Nehru University. He is a cochair of the International Panel on Fissile Materials and the former vice president of the Indian National Science Academy. He has researched and taught theoretical physics at Cornell University, the Institute for Advanced Study at Princeton, Harvard University, M.I.T, Stanford University, CERN, Delhi University, and the Indian Institute for Science.
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byR Rajaraman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.