All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.61
About this product
- DescriptionPercutaneous and coronary interventions, used to treat narrow arteries of the heart caused by/found in those with coronary heart disease. This book is a detailed guide for performing percutaneous procedures and it covers in-depth the procedures that cardiologists and interested specialists must be aware of in order to use the devices proficiently.
- Author BiographyAnthony A. Bavry is Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Florida - Gainesville, Florida and Director of the Veteran Affairs Medical Center Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Dr Bavry received his M.D. degree from the University of Florida, with honors in research, and also an M.P.H. degree focusing on Quantitative Methods from Harvard University. Internal medicine residency was at the University of Arizona where he also served as chief medicine resident. He then completed a fellowship in cardiovascular medicine and interventional cardiology at the Cleveland Clinic with specialized training in peripheral vascular and structural heart disease and also was chief interventional cardiology fellow. Dr Bavry's career interests are acute presentations and prevention of vascular disease. He has received several awards including the Florida Heart Research - Stop Heart Disease Researcher of the Year Award in 2009. He has published numerous original outcomes research manuscripts in the peer reviewed literature, edited several textbooks, and is a team leader for clinical trial summaries for the American College of Cardiology's Cardiosource. Dharam J. Kumbhani is currently Instructor in Medicine, and Interventional Cardiology Fellow at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Kumbhani received his M.D. degree with honors from Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals through the University of Mumbai. He received his Masters of Science degree in Epidemiology from Harvard University. He completed his internal medicine internship and residency at the University of Pennsylvania, and then a fellowship in cardiovascular medicine at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Kumbhani's research interests include outcomes research in acute coronary syndromes, and following structural heart disease and peripheral interventions. He has received numerous research accolades and was the runner up for the American College of Cardiology's Young Investigator Award in 2010. He has been nominated to the American College of Epidemiology and the Sigma Xi Research Society. He has authored or co-authored several peer-reviewed articles, including in the American Journal of Cardiology, American Heart Journal, American Journal of Medicine, European Heart Journal, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, and the Journal of the American Medical Association. He is a peer reviewer for a number of prestigious journals including the Annals of Internal Medicine. He is a clinical trials team leader and member of the editorial board for the American College of Cardiology's Cardiosource. He is also an Associate Faculty Member of the Faculty of 1000 Medicine.
- PublisherSpringer Healthcare
- Date of Publication02/02/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer Healthcare
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 14 colour illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width209 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAnthony A. Bavry,Dharam J. Kumbhani
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.