Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionNorth America's Indigeus population is a vulnerable group, with specific psychological and healing needs that are t widely met in the mental health care system. Indigeus peoples face certain historical, cultural-linguistic and socioecomic barriers to mental health care access that government, health care organizations and social agencies must work to overcome. This volume examines ways Indigeus healing practices can complement Western psychological service to meet the needs of Indigeus peoples through traditional cultural concepts. Bringing together leading experts in the fields of Aboriginal mental health and psychology, it provides data and models of Indigeus cultural practices in psychology that are successful with Indigeus peoples. It considers Indigeus epistemologies in applied psychology and research methodology, and informs government policy on mental health service for these populations.
- Author BiographySuzanne L. Stewart is a psychologist and Associate Professor of Indigenous healing in Counselling Psychology at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, The University of Toronto, Canada. Roy Moodley is Associate Professor of Clinical and Counseling Psychology in the Department of Applied Psychology and Human Development, at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, The University of Toronto, Canada. Ashley Hyatt is a doctoral student of Clinical and Counselling Psychology at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at The University of Toronto, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleExplorations in Mental Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAshley Hyatt,Roy Moodley,Suzanne Stewart
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.