Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contributes to the international debate on Indigeus Peoples Law, containing both in-depth research of Scandinavian historical and legal contexts with respect to the Sami and demonstrating current stances in Sami Law research. In addition to chapters by well-kwn Scandinavian experts, the collection also comments on the legal situation in Norway, Sweden and Finland in relation to other jurisdictions and indigeus peoples, in particular with experiences and developments in Canada and New Zealand. The book displays the current research frontier among the Scandinavian countries, what the present-day issues are and how the nation states have responded so far to claims of Sami rights. The study sheds light on the contrasts between the three countries on the one hand, and between Scandinavia, Canada and New Zealand on the other, showing that although there are obvious differences, for instance related to colonisation and present legal solutions, there are also shared experiences among the indigeus peoples and the States. Filling a gap in an under-researched area of Sami rights, this book will be a valuable resource for academics, researchers and policy-makers with an interest in Indigeus Peoples Law and comparative research.
- Author BiographyChristina Allard is Senior Lecturer at LuleA[yen] University of Technology, Sweden, and Associate Professor II at the Faculty of Law, UiT The Arctic University of Norway. Susann Funderud Skogvang is Professor at the Faculty of Law, UiT The Arctic University of Norway.
- Author(s)Dr. Christina Allard,Susann Funderud Skogvang
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2015
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleJuris Diversitas
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight602 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Series Edited byDr. Sean Patrick Donlan,Julian Sidoli del Ceno
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.