All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionIndividual Case Formulation presents formulation as a process that can be taught systematically to trainee therapists. The book begins by discussing assorted theories of case formulation, and critiques their ability to be applied in real world situations. The individual case formulation approach is then defined and discussed as a way to integrate the best of what different theoretical orientations have to offer in conjunction with the expertise and clinical judgment of the therapist. The book proposes a systemic/functional framework that focuses on difficulties as defined by the client and emphasizes constructive solutions to problems rather than symptom reduction. Moving from theory to application, the book then guides therapists in how to conduct assessment interviews, how to reach a provisional formulation, how to test that formulation for accuracy and reformulate if necessary, how a therapist can make explicit what their clinical reasoning was in making the case formulation, and provides case examples and transcripts so readers will better grasp the concepts in action. Intended both for the starting or trainee therapist and the experienced clinician, Individual Case Formulation provides a practical guide for those looking to improve their case formulation skills.
- Author BiographyRichard S Hallam is Visiting Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Greenwich, London. His career has combined teaching, research and professional practice in clinical psychology. Books he has had published include Counselling for Anxiety Problems (1992) and Virtual Selves, Real Persons (2009).
- Author(s)Richard S. Hallam
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication18/03/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitlePractical Resources for the Mental Health Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.