All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAligned with the Association for Positive Behavior Support's Standards of Practice, this graduate-level text is an authorative PBS primer for professionals preparing for work in educational and community-based settings. More than 60 leading scholars present the critical skills and kwledge professinals need to translate the principles and science of PBS into person-centred interventions that improve lives. Covering a broad range of ages, disabilities, and settings, this comprehensive textbook fully prepares professionals to support all people with challenging behaviour, effectively and respectfully. Prepare professionals to: - Use the foundations of PBS and applied behaviour analysis (ABA) in everyday practice - Conduct person-centred functional behaviour assessments - Select and design effective behaviour interventions and curricular modifications - Develop comprehensive, multielement PBS plans tailored to individal needs and goals - Ensure fidelity of behaviour-plan implementation - Facilitate generalisation and maintenance of behaviour changes. Practical Materials: Vignettes that illustrate effective approaches; online companion materials for instructors, including PowerPoints that enhance teaching and learning and study questions for discussion and reflection. Topics Covered: antecedent strategies - consequence strategies - functional behaviour assessments - person-centred planning teams - data-based decision making - single-subject research methodology - systematic instruction - self-determination - quality of life - visual supports - partnering with families - curricular modifications - self-management strategies - behaviour assessment and data analysis - systemic change - culturally r4esponsive PBS - future directions for PBS - and more!
- Author BiographyFredda Brown , Ph.D., is an affiliate of the Institute of Professional Practice in New Haven, Connecticut. Her work focuses on issues and practices for individuals with challenging behaviour, with a specific focus on the relationship between challenging behaviour, quality of life, and self-determination. Dr. Brown has published many articles and chapters in the area of severe disabilities and was co-editor with Donna Lehr of the book Persons with Profound Disabilities: Issues and Practices (Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 1989).
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1021 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byFredda Brown,Jacki L. Anderson,Randall L. de Pry
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.