Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the social changes caused by the modernization processes of the post-industrial society, and their meaning for the period of youth. Individualization, as an ambivalent social process, enables an individual to get rid of the traditional ties and, on the other hand, makes possible the development of new opportunities. This at the same time brings about new burdens and forms of dependence for an individual. Within this social framework the concepts of social pedagogy/social work with youth are problematized, for the changes of the youth period greatly influence also the current theory and practice of social work. Today youth can namely longer rely on the given status transitions, since already in the youth period the young people increasingly have to start solving certain development tasks and social problems.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Dr. Darja Zorc-Maver is an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Education of the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia. Her main research areas are the theory of social pedagogy/work, youth, and the various forms of preventive work.
- Author(s)Darja Zorc-Maver
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight200 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.