All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
About this product
- DescriptionNearly every year since 1939, baseball's most outstanding players, umpires, pioneers and executives have been enshrined at Cooperstown in a public ceremony attracting thousands of fans from across (and sometimes beyond) the United States. Whether conferred by the Baseball Writers Association of America, the Veterans Committee, or in the case of 17 Negro League greats in 2006, an ad hoc committee of historians, Hall of Fame membership is the game's highest hor. This book covers the origins and history of the Hall of Fame museum and its election process, provides general information on each year's class and induction ceremony, and includes concise biographical and career discussion for every Hall of Famer, as well as commentary on his (Effa Manley is the lone female) path to election, and highlights of his speech.
- Author Biography<b>Dennis Corcoran</b> is a historian specializing in the Benedict Arnold and John Andre conspiracy during the American Revolution. A retired New York State teacher and a member of the Casey Stengel (Greater New York) Chapter of SABR, he lives in Pleasantville, New York.
- Author(s)Dennis Corcoran
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.