All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive collaboration on intelligent polymers and coatings for industrial applications by worldwide researchers and specialists. The authors cover the basis and fundamental aspects of intelligent polymers and coatings, challenges, and potential mechanisms and properties. They include recent and emerging industrial applications in medical, smart textile design, oil and gas, electronic, aerospace, and automobile industries as well as other applications including microsystems, sensors, and actuators, among others. The authors discuss the potential for future research in these areas for improvement and growth of marketable applications of intelligent polymers and coatings.
- Author BiographyDr. Majid Hosseini has earned both his Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Chemical Engineering from The University of Akron in Ohio, United States. He has also completed his Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering at Sharif University of Technology in Tehran, Iran. Dr. Hosseini's research interests, expertise, and experiences are very diverse, ranging from intelligent polymers and coatings to micro/encapsulation, nanoparticles for biomedical applications, industrial biotechnology, renewable energies, bioprocess engineering and developement, and biofuels. Dr. Hosseini has been actively engaged in various fields of polymers, bio/nanotechnology, sustainability, biofuels, and related technology development both in industry and academia. He is a persistent reviewer of leading international journals, has published high caliber research articles, and co-invented US and international patent application technologies. Dr. Hosseini has been a member of several professional bodies in the USA including The New York Academy of Sciences, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AICHE), AICHE-Institute for Sustainability, AICHE-SBE (Society of Biological Engineering), New Design Institute for Emergency Relief Systems (DIERS), International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE), AICHE-Pharmaceutical Discovery, Development and Manufacturing Forum, and The National Society of Collegiate Scholars. Dr. Abdel Salam Hamdy Makhlouf is RGV STAR Professor in the Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering Department at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. He is a multiple-award winner for his academic excellence: He received several prestigious awards in Germany (Humboldt Research Award for Experienced Scientists at Max Planck Institute); USA (Fulbright Visiting Scholar, NSF Fellow, and Dept. of Energy Fellow); Belgium (Belgian Federal Science Research Fellowship); Arab League (Arab Youth Excellence Award in Innovation 2013), Jordan (Abdul Hameed Shoman Award in Engineering Science 2012); Egypt (National Prize of Egypt in Advanced Science and Technology 2006; Egyptian Prize of Excellence in Surface Technology and Corrosion 2006; and Egyptian Prize of Excellence and Innovation in Materials Science and their Applications 2009); and Palestine (An-Najah Prize for Research 2014). His biography was selected to be included in Who's Who in the World(R) 2015, 2007 and 2006. He is Senior Editor of Insciences Journal, Nanotechnology Section, (Switzerland), Associate Editor: J. Nanostructure in Chemistry, Springer, and Associate Editor-in-Chief of the Int'l Journal of Applied Sciences. His research interests include preparation and characterization of advanced coatings, corrosion, nanomaterials, biomaterials, renewable energy and advanced materials and polymers. His publication list (+170) includes studies and review papers authored in journals from top publishers. He is the editor of 10 books and 20 book chapters. He supervised and graduated 11 PhD and Master's students, and 5 postdoctoral fellows. He is a persistent journal reviewer, advisor, and judge of the work of his peers. He is a referee for over 30 int'l journals of a high caliber, and a continued board member of over 22 journals. He is also an experienced Editor with board titles at journals published by Springer and Elsevier, an Expert Evaluator for the EU's FP7, with an estimated budget of over 50.521 billion, expert for the German Ministry of Education and Research, reviewer for the German Academic Exchange Service, and expert for the German Aerospace Center. He is a reviewer/panelist for the NSF programs: MME, MEP, and CREST; with an estimated budget of over $7.6 billion. He is a reviewer for the US Fulbright Commission, the Qatar National Research Fund, and the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences. He is a Consultant for Innosquared GmbH, and for Covestro, Germany.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication14/05/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note102 black & white illustrations, 163 colour illustrations, 42 black & white tables, 158 colour tables, biography
- Weight1262 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byAbdel Salam Hamdy Makhlouf,Majid Hosseini
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.