Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough municipal firefighters respond on a daily basis to industrial fires or emergencies, even the largest fire departments often focus most of their training and attention to structural or wildland firefighting. It is increasingly probable that municipal firefighters will be called to an industrial incident due to a fire or terrorist event. The authors have written this book to specifically prepare the municipal firefighter for responses to a wide range of industrial fires, where the situation will be monumentally different. Industrial Firefighting for Municipal Firefighters is an ideal resource for municipal firefighters who may respond to an industrial incident, personnel at industrial facilities that have in-house, first-response capability, and larger industrial fire departments.
- Author BiographyCraig H. Shelley EFO, CFO, MIFireE is a 40-year veteran of the fire service. He has served in volunteer fire/EMS, career municipal and career industrial fire departments. Craig served for 26 years with the City of New York Fire Department (FDNY) retiring as the Chief of Marine Operations. Mr. Shelley is an adjunct associate professor for the University of Maryland teaching their Managerial Issues in Hazardous Materials course and also serves as an adjunct associate professor for Charter Oak State College teaching strategic planning. Craig currently serves as a fire protection advisor with a major oil company operating in the Middle East and is a partner with the World Safe Group providing international consulting services. Mr. Shelley holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Fire Service Administration and a Master of Science degree in Executive Fire Service Leadership. Anthony R. Cole, CFPS, CFEI, MIFireE has 20 years of experience in fire protection ranging from fire fighting to engineering and design. Currently, Tony is a Fire Protection Engineer with the Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Tony earned a B.S. in Fire Protection Engineering Technology from Eastern Kentucky University and a M.S. in Fire Protection Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Serving on three NFPA technical committees (NFPA 12, NFPA 15, NFPA 59A), he currently serves on two SFPE committees and is the Vice President/Co-founder of the Saudi Arabian Chapter of SFPE. Tony is a Certified Fire Protection Specialist and a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator and is a member of SFPE, NFPA, NAFI, IFE, and IAFC. Timothy E. Markley, Fire Officer IV, CFEI, CFII, started his career in the fire service in 1975 at Friendship Volunteer Fire Department in Winchester, Virginia. After serving at Friendship VFD, he joined the United States Air Force as a Fire Protection Specialist and completed assignments within the United States, England, Korea, Honduras, Germany, Egypt, and Iraq. While in the Air Force, he completed his Associate of Science and Bachelor of Science Degrees. He is currently a Fire Protection Advisor to a major oil company in Saudi Arabia. Selected certifications include International Fire Service Accreditation Congress Fire Officer IV, Hazardous Materials Technician Trainer and Incident Command Trainer. In addition, Tim is a certified Fire and Explosives Investigator Trainer through the National Association of Fire Investigators. He has also taught fire science for City Colleges of Chicago and Central Texas College.
- Author(s)Anthony R. Cole,Craig H. Shelley,Timothy E. Markley
- PublisherPennWell Books
- Date of Publication30/07/2006
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationTulsa, Oklahoma
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPennWell Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width203 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.