Industrializing America: Understanding Contemporary Society Through Classical Sociological Analysis by Frank W. Elwell (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 15 Oct
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionAn analysis of any part of the social system must be firmly rooted in a framework that outlines the whole system and the interrelationships of the various parts. Building on classical social theory, this volume proposes an original and comprehensive systems theory of sociocultural stability and change, which combines fundamental ecological relationships with social structures and culture. Relationships and concepts developed by Marx, Weber, Malthus, Spencer, and Durkheim are explained and synthesized into a coherent perspective, which is used to examine multiple institutions in modern industrial societies. The author argues that recent changes in the ecomy, the family, higher education, the political system, cultural ideas, and ideologies are interrelated and rooted in massive changes in population size and industrial processes. By systematically relating the analysis of these sociocultural phemena to the whole and to one ather this volume presents a framework that can serve to organize and integrate many diverse theories, insights, and much empirical information into a comprehensive worldview.
- Author BiographyFRANK W. ELWELL is Dean of the School of Liberal Arts at at Rutgers State University. He is the author of The Evolution of the Future (Praeger, 1991).
- Author(s)Frank W. Elwell
- Date of Publication30/11/1999
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight278 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.