Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis investigation looks at the wealth of inventions that sprang from the Lea Valley and the growth of many major businesses in the region. Among the many colorful stories and characters are Charles Babbage, the Victorian inventor of the computer, the electric light bulbs produced at the Ediswan factory, the world-famous Gestetner copying machines, and the opening of the first Thermos manufacturing facility that opened in Tottenham in 1908.
- Author BiographyJim Lewis is a consultant to Terry Farrell & Partners on the historical development of London's Lea Valley and a tutor at the Workers' Educational Association teaching industrial history. He is the author of London's Lea Valley: Britain's Best Kept Secret and London's Lea Valley: More Secrets Revealed.
- Author(s)Jim Lewis
- PublisherLibri Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationFaringdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLibri Publishing
- Content Noteapprox 100 b&w illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width168 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.