All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to the study of fundamental inequalities like the arithmetic mean-geometric mean inequality, the Cauchy-Schwarz inequality, the Chebyshev inequality, the rearrangement inequality, inequalities for convex and concave functions. The emphasis is on the use of these inequalities for solving problems. Its special feature is a chapter on the geometrical inequalities which studies relations between various geometrical measures. It contains more than 300 problems, many of which are applications of inequalities. A large number of problems are taken from the International Mathematical Olympiads (IMO) and many national olympiads from countries across the world. The book will be very useful for students participating in mathematical contests. It should also help graduate students in consolidating their kwledge of inequalities by way of applications.
- Author(s)B.J. Venkatachala
- PublisherHindustan Book Agency
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTexts and Readings in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 49
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintHindustan Book Agency
- Content NoteIllustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.