Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $3.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by zoozoopetals7
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe vibrant new vel from Isabel Allende takes her back to her homeland of Chile, and tells the story of the first Spanish woman to arrive on its shores with the Conquistadors in the 1500s. A real historical figure, Ines Suarez came to Chile with the Conquistadors in 1540, helping to claim the territory for Spain and to found the first Spanish settlement in Santiago. In this remarkable vel, Isabel Allende - one of the world's most spellbinding storytellers - re-imagines Ines's life and that of the two men who become her lover and husband respectively. 'Ines of My Soul' evokes the conflict and drama of the Conquistadors' arrival in Chile, as well as helping restore the reputation of Ines, a powerful woman long neglected by history and a patriarchal society. It also finds Allende returning to territory beloved of her and her readers - imaginative historical fiction, evocatively told - and to the familiar landscape of her native country. The vel gives Ines the recognition and glory that are rightfully hers; but more than that it is an epic tale of love and conquest, lyrically written and enchantingly told by a writer at the peak of her powers.
- Author BiographyIsabel Allende was born in 1942, and is the niece of Salvador Allende, who went on to become famous as the elected President of Chile deposed in a CIA-backed coup. She worked as a journalist, playwright and children's writer in Chile until 1974 and then in Venezuela until 1984. Her first novel for adults, 'The House of the Spirits', was published in Spanish in 1982, beginning life as a letter to her dying grandfather. It was an international sensation, and ever since all her books have been acclaimed and adored in numberless translations worldwide.
- Author(s)Isabel Allende
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication23/11/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight260 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,B-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $9.42Trending at AU $13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.