All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen someone has dementia, traditional books can become incomprehensible and meaningless. This title from the popular range of Pictures to Share books is designed to be accessible and entertaining for anyone with earlier stage dementia who may enjoy poetry and images that are sad, inspirational and comforting and need a prompt to help them talk about it. The range of beautiful and powerful pictures and short texts combines the magic of poetry with a selection of beautiful paintings and photography. All the images are powerful and easy to understand, and prompt lots of memories and discussion between those with Alzheimer's or other dementia and their family, friends and carers. Even when people with dementia can longer hold a conversation they will enjoy looking through the book and studying the pages. Arranged in a clear and easy to understand format.
- Author BiographyHelen Bate B.A.Dip.Arch.B.A.(Hons)M.A. is a visual communication specialist being both a qualified Architect and children's book Illustrator. She has been researching and producing books for people with dementia since 2005 and has written a ground breaking and acclaimed guide to Dementia and the problems of visual perception of imagery (Too Late to Learn to Drive. Dementia, Visual Perception and the Meaning of Pictures. Pictures to Share C.I.C. 2014)
- PublisherPictures to Share Community Interest Company
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitlePictures to Share
- Place of PublicationTattenhall
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPictures to Share Community Interest Company
- Content NoteB & W and colour illustrations
- Width250 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine35 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.