Infectious Disease: Pathogenesis, Prevention and Case Studies by Julian W. Tang, Nandini Shetty, Julie Andrews (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $146.64+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $65.23Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
About this product
- Description...a fun and readable book that engages the imagination and retains the interest of the clinically oriented reader while conveying an understanding of the direct implications of molecular characteristics of infectious agents to the practice of medicine.. -Emerging Infectious Diseases, January 2010 ...provides a valuable overview of the basic principles and issues pertaining to the pathogenesis and prevention of infectious diseases. The illustrations, the chapter summaries with relevant information, and the case studies are all particularly useful for the targeted readers. The book is well designed and manages to convey the general concepts of the various aspects of infectious diseases without overwhelming the reader with too much information...recommended for students, trainees, or physicians who desire a well-illustrated textbook that is easy to read and that addresses the basic aspects of infectious disease. -Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2010 The study of infectious diseases has undergone major changes since its infancy when it was largely a documentation of epidemics. It has w evolved into a dynamic phemen involving the ecology of the infectious agent, pathogenesis in the host, reservoirs and vetors, as well as the complex mechanisms concerned in the spread of infection and the extent to which this spread occurs. Rapid globalization has led to unprecedented interest in infectious diseases worldwide and their effect on complex population dynamics including migration, famine, fire, war, and terrorism. It is w essential for public health officials to understand the basic science behind infectious disease and, likewise, students studying ID must have a broader understanding of the implications of infectious disease in a public health context as well as clinical presentation and prevention. The clear demand for an integrated approach has led to the publication of this text. Check out the student companion site at www.wiley.com/go/shettyinfectiousdisease
- Author BiographyNandini Shetty is an MD, FRCPath, MSc (Epidemiology and Statistics). She is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Royal Free and University College London Medical School and she is uniquely well-qualified for authorship of this book as she has had experience teaching infectious disease from all three perspectives, basic science, public health and medical. Her clinical activities include the diagnosis and management of community and hospital acquired infection at the University College London Group of Hospitals. As a member of the faculty of the Health Protection Agency she has an important role in managing the Public Health aspects of Communicable Disease in the UK. Julian Wei-Tze Tang is a PhD, MRCP, FRCPath, Consultant Virologist at the National University Hospital in Singapore. He is a clinical/academic virologist interested in all aspects (pathogenesis, diagnosis, management, control and epidemiology) of viruses that can cause disease in humans - particularly HIV, influenza, and newly emerging viruses. He completed all his specialist training in the UK and has worked and taught students in London, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Julie Andrews is an MRCP FRCPath, Consultant Microbiologist at the Whittington Hospital in London. She completed her training from University College and other affiliated hospitals in London. Her current position involves the diagnosis and management of infection in the community and the hospital and includes infection prevention and control. She also has responsibility for tutoring medical students from the Royal Free and University College London Medical School.
- Author(s)Julian W. Tang,Julie Andrews,Nandini Shetty
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2126 g
- Width228 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.