All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe book addresses the interdisciplinary scientific approach for the systemic understanding of connections between major human diseases and their treatment regime by applying the tools and techniques of natechlogy. It also highlights the interdisciplinary collaborative researches for invation in Biomedical Sciences. The book is a first volume which presents collection of best papers presented in the First International Conference on Infectious Diseases and Namedicine held during Dec. 15-18, 2012 in Kathmandu, Nepal. The book focuses mainly on the topics: emerging infectious diseases; antimicrobial agents, vaccines and immunity; drug design, drug delivery and tissue engineering and namaterials and biomedical materials.
- Author BiographyDr. Rameshwar Adhikari is Associate Professor at Central Department of Chemistry, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu. He has been Invited Professor in Rouen University (France), Mahatma Gandhi University (India) and Tokyo Institute of Technology (Japan). He is member of Nepal Chemical Society and German Engineers Society. He has been bestowed several awards including Ambassador Scientist of Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Fellowship of International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry and POLYCHAR World Forum International Materials Science Prize. He is President of Nepal Polymer Institute and has convened several International Congresses, Symposia and Workshops. His research areas include nanomaterials, biopolymers and biomedical materials. He has authored over 100 research papers in peer reviewed journals, co-authored 4 text books and edited 2 books. Mr. Santosh Thapa completed his M. Sc. (Medical Microbiology) from Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu in 2003 and taught related courses to undergraduate students at departments of microbiology of Tribhuvan University and affiliated colleges. He is the founder General Secretary of Nepalese Association of Medical Microbiology, members of American Society for Microbiology and Society for Applied Microbiology and associated with International Union of Microbiological Societies. He has worked for organizing several international conferences and workshops and has authored 5 research papers in peer reviewed journals. Currently, he is at Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas, USA for his Ph. D study.
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number807
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight221 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byRameshwar Adhikari,Santosh Thapa
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.