All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- Description<b>This deluxe paperback edition--featuring flaps, new cover art, and a new foreword by Tom Bissell--celebrates the 20th anniversary of the original publication of <i>Infinite Jest</i>.</b> A gargantuan, mind-altering comedy about the Pursuit of Happiness in America set in an addicts' halfway house and a tennis academy, and featuring the most endearingly screwed-up family to come along in recent fiction, <i>Infinite Jest</i> explores essential questions about what entertainment is and why it has come to so dominate our lives; about how our desire for entertainment affects our need to connect with other people; and about what the pleasures we choose say about who we are. Equal parts philosophical quest and screwball comedy, Infinite Jest bends every rule of fiction without sacrificing for a moment its own entertainment value. It is an exuberant, uniquely American exploration of the passions that make us human - and one of those rare books that renew the idea of what a vel can do.
- Author BiographyDavid Foster Wallace wrote the novels <em>Infinite Jest</em>, <em>The Broom of the System</em>, and <em>The Pale King</em>, and the story collections <em>Oblivion</em>, <em>Brief Interviews with Hideous Men</em>, and <em>Girl with Curious Hair</em>. His nonfiction includes <em>Consider the Lobster</em>, <em>A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again</em>, <em>Everything and More</em>, and <em>This Is Water</em>. He died in 2008.
- Author(s)David Foster Wallace
- PublisherBack Bay Books
- Date of Publication23/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBack Bay Books
- Weight1134 g
- Width150 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Foreword byTom Bissell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.