Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a study in universal grammar. It attempts to find a set of constraints which limits the applicability of syntactic transformations of two types; rules called chopping rules, which reorder some part of sentence, and rules of influence. The major theoretical tion that is developed is that of islands; automous domains of the tree structures that underlie sentences. While the book is primarily an investigation within the subfields of generative syntax, it should also be of interest to cognitive scientists, philosophers of language, and social scientists.
- Author Biographyss /f John /i Robert
- Author(s)John Robert Ross
- Date of Publication01/01/1986
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAblex Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight584 g
- Width159 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.