All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese essays bring together a progression in monetary theory. The major theme that runs through all of the chapters is that in order to do monetary ecomics well in general equilibrium, it helps to have a good money demand underlying the theory. A proper underlying money demand sets up arguably the best foundation from which to make extensions of monetary ecomics from the basic model. At the same time that money demand is modelled, this also endogenizes the velocity of money. This has been a challenge in the literature that these essays solve and then use to extend basic neoclassical growth and business cycle theory. Solving this problem, in a way that is a natural, direct, and micro-founded extension of the standard monetary theory is the first major contribution of the collection. The second major contribution is the extension of the neoclassical monetary models, using this solution, to reinvigorate classic issues of monetary ecomics and take them to the frontier.
- Author BiographyMax Gillman is Professor of Economics at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff.
- Author(s)Max Gillman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge International Studies in Money and Banking
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note58 black & white tables, 50 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.