CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionA group support system (GSS) uses a combination of networked personal computers, software that collects, manipulates, and aggregates member's individual input, and human facilitation to improve the group decision-making process. A GSS has been promoted as a means of improving the quantity and quality of ideas within a decision-making meeting. Research into GSS has focused on the benefits of providing anymity to improve participation. Anymity in a GSS supported meeting has been offered as a means to improve participation, which in turn improves decision quality. To date this has t been proven through research. In fact, there is conflicting evidence as to what the actual effects of anymity are: Research in social psychology provides a possible explanation for the conflicting results of the effects of anymity. An individual's personality characteristics can effect how they participate in a decision-making meeting. The study examined how an individual's personality type and varying degrees of anymity influence individual participation in a GSS meeting. The results of the study suggest personality characteristics have a significant impact on participation within a GSS supported meeting. Further, the results suggest personality and its interaction with anymity has a positive effect on participation for some individuals, but t all. Consistent with most prior GSS studies, the results suggest anymity does have a positive effect; however, this effect was significant only for certain personality traits.
- Author(s)Robert E Hartmann
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight340 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.