All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInfluencer Marketing is the most important new approach to marketing in a decade for those professionals at the leading edge of purchasing decision making. It shows that key decision makers in all major markets operate within communities of influencers- because major decisions are too complex and risky to taken in isolation. The 'ecosystems' this creates are full of these critically important people, whose impact on purchasing decisions is both pivotal and misunderstood. This new book demonstrates that- * As mass media impact wanes so the role of influencers grows - marketers need to kw why and how to use this kwledge * The impact of blogs, wikis and other social media is that they enable new influencers to emerge, and disperse traditional sources of influence. * Large and small businesses worldwide pour billions of pounds each year into influencing what they think are their influencers. This book shows you that most of that money is being spent on the wrong people, leaving the real influencers all too often untouched. * Influencers do t do the buying, are t obvious, cant be bought, and start off neutral - which is why their potential to affect sales is so great * Influencers are t all equal - they can be assessed, ranked and prioritised to be used effectively * Influencers can be influenced - the question is how to get to them to generate market awareness, leads and address sales barriers Influencer marketing is closely related to the relentless rise and success of word of mouth (WOM) and relationship marketing, and is w established as one of the armoury of new techniques professionals must use. For all those involved in marketing and sales this book will be an essential analysis of how to identify who has influence, how they apply it, and how you can turn it to your advantage.
- Author BiographyDuncan Brown is Influencer50's Head of European Operations. He has 18 years of experience in the IT industry, firstly as a software developer and latterly as an Industry analyst. He was formerly Director of Consulting at IDC, and held a similar role at Ovum. His clients include BT, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Vodafone and other leading IT and telecoms providers. Duncan is in high demand as a thought leader and keynote speaker. Nick Hayes is Influencer50's managing director. He has over 20 years experience working in technology marketing, for companies as large as Microsoft, HP, Sun Microsystems and Adobe to start-ups and niche players. Former founder of a successful technology PR firm, Nick saw that traditional PR was becoming commoditised, with clients simply trying to squeeze a little more coverage out of the same model of press relations.
- Author(s)Duncan Brown,Nick Hayes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/2007
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.