All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionIndia has become a highly visible participant in the information communication techlogy (ICT) industry. Since the 1990s, it has been one of the fastest growing ecomies in the world, emerging as the most watched test of global capitalism. The contributors to this volume examine how the ICT-driven development of India appears to have skipped the middle stages of the traditional ecomic development models and leapfrogged directly to the final stage whereby growth is mostly techlogically driven. Information Communication Techlogy and Ecomic Development reveals new insights regarding the complex process of globalization. It shows how the generation and circulation of intellectual capital in the US and India in ICT have led to greater productivity in the US while facilitating the ecomic development of India. Most industrialized nations w see the vast intellectual capital-based services that India provides at extremely competitive rates as key to their own national competitiveness in the global arena. The contributors' findings suggest that India's ICT-led growth will accelerate in the next ten years, launching India as a major global ecomic power next to the US and China. This provocative and timely volume will be a necessary read for students and scholars of international business, public policy, ecomic development, management and strategy as well as all those interested in the impact of globalization on national and regional ecomies.
- Author BiographyEdited by Tojo Thatchenkery, Professor of Organizational Learning and Roger R. Stough, School of Policy, Government and International Affairs, George Mason University, US
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/12/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byRoger R. Stough,Tojo Thatchenkery
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.