All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionExploiting the rich information found in electronic health records (EHRs) can facilitate better medical research and improve the quality of medical practice. Until w, a trivial amount of research has been published on the challenges of leveraging this information. Addressing these challenges, Information Discovery on Electronic Health Records explores the techlogy to unleash the data stored in EHRs. Assembling a truly interdisciplinary team of experts, the book tackles medical privacy concerns, the lack of standardization for the representation of EHRs, missing or incorrect values, and the availability of multiple rich health ontologies. It looks at how to search the EHR collection given a user query and return relevant fragments from the EHRs. It also explains how to mine the EHR collection to extract interesting patterns, group entities to various classes, or decide whether an EHR satisfies a given property. Most of the book focuses on textual or numeric data of EHRs, where more searching and mining progress has occurred. A chapter on the processing of medical images is also included. Maintaining a uniform style across chapters and minimizing technical jargon, this book presents the various ways to extract useful kwledge from EHRs. It skillfully discusses how EHR data can be effectively searched and mined.
- Author BiographyVagelis Hristidis is an assistant professor in the School of Computing and Information Sciences at Florida International University in Miami.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 12
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note64 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byVagelis Hristidis
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.