All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInformation has a rich but under explored history. The information age of the late twentieth century witnessed the emergence of a new history of information and, in this timely collection of essays, a team of international scholars from a variety of disciplines examines the changing understandings of information in the modern world.Situating the concept of information in varying historical contexts since the eighteenth century, Information History in the Modern World: Histories of the Information Age:* explores how this historical research can challenge our perceptions of the information age in the global twenty-first century* discusses ephemera, wars, imagery, empire, identification and the transience of history in the digital era* argues that the changing uses, perceptions and manifestations of information helped to shape the world we kw today.Authoritative and approachable, this is an invaluable resource for anyone who is interested in how and why information has become a distinguishing feature of the modern world.
- Author BiographyTONI WELLER is Senior Lecturer in History at De Montfort University, UK, and Editor of the international journal Library and Information History. She is one of the leading scholars in the burgeoning field of information history and her previous publications include Information History - An Introduction: Exploring an Emergent Field (2008).
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/12/2010
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleThemes in Focus
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note208 p.
- Weight295 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byToni Weller
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.