CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionInformation literacy and library instruction are at the heart of the academic library's mission. But how do you bring that instruction to an increasingly diverse student body and an increasingly varied spectrum of majors? Here, over twenty library instructors share their best practices for reaching out to today's unique users. Readers will find strategies and techniques for teaching college and university freshmen, community college students, students with disabilities, and those in distance learning programs. You will also find proven approaches to teaching students in the most popular programs of study - English Literature, Art and Art History, Film Studies, History, Psychology, Science, Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Hospitality, and International Marketing. Three additional chapters guide instructors through teaching legal, government information, and patent searching. Each chapter covers instructional design, lesson planning, library/faculty collaborations, marketing programs, assessment. The companion CD-ROM features several of the lesson plans, presentations, brochures, worksheets, handouts, and evaluation forms discussed in the book.
- Author(s)Patrick Ragains
- PublisherNeal-Schuman Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2006
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNeal-Schuman Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.