All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a complex and contested terrain of cultural heritage in the library, archive and museum context. Information Literacy and Cultural Heritage explores this landscape and covers perspectives from museums, archives and libraries, highlighting the role of memory and contested history in the collection, description and presentation of cultural heritage. The book argues that the convergence of libraries, archives and museums in digital preservation should be extended to include the development of combined lifelong learning programmes, teaching both information literacy skills and awareness of cultural heritage. This title is structured into seven chapters, covering cultural heritage in the library, archive and museum context; digital information contexts; an overview of information literacy models of stages and processes, as well as models of standards, competencies and performance indicators. The book then examines the role of critical thinking and lifelong learning; proposes a generic model of information literacy and cultural heritage for lifelong learning; offers guidelines for adapting the model to local contexts; and offers a conclusion.
- Author BiographyKim Baker is working on a dissertation in Library and Information Studies at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. She is a member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the journal Interlending and Document Supply. She was formerly Programme Executive of Document Supply and Information Services at the National Library of South Africa, and a member of the IFLA Document Delivery and Resource Sharing Standing Committee. Kim was Project Manager in a partnership between the National Library of South Africa and the Publishers Association of South Africa, which in 2007 produced the first catalogue of titles available in indigenous languages, entitled Writings in Nine Tongues.
- Author(s)Kim Baker
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication11/03/2013
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.