All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reviews the role of information literacy (IL) in developing employability skills, personal health management and informal learning from a variety of areas including: information policy issues, information usage and training needs and skills development. Early years education, lifelong learning and the role of IL in relevant organisations, including government departments, skills agencies, and professional bodies will also be considered. With a UK focus, this book also considers the leading role of the US in the development of information literacy policy. Case studies and examples of good practise are included and discussed, drawn primarily from Europe, North America and Australasia, also identified examples from other countries. Looks at value and impact and discusses policymaking and issues for the future.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Crawford is a former trustee of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals. John is also the former director of the Scottish Information Literacy Project, and has published extensively in librarianship and history. He holds BA, MA, PhD, FCLIP and FSA (Scot) qualifications. Christine Irving is a freelance information professional and Research Fellow. She was researcher / project officer for the Scottish Information Literacy Project and now plays a key role in the Community of Practice - Information Skills for a 21st Century Scotland. Christine has authored and co-authored online information literacy material, a national qualification in information literacy and the accompanying assessment material, journal articles, conference papers and book chapters. She holds a BA (Hons) in Information Management and an MSc in Lifelong Learning and Development.
- Author(s)Christine Irving,John C. Crawford
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.